Private Sector Preparedness Response and Recovery (PSPR2) is holding a free monthly seminar series titled, “Mass Casualty Impact and Recovery,” which examines how businesses can better prepare, respond and recover from active shooter and other mass casualty events.
Each 90-minute seminar will include subject matter experts from business and the government sharing critical infrastructure best practices, valuable lessons, and planning resources and tools to assist with mass casualty impact and recovery. This series is designed for companies and organizations interested in enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the impact and recovery of a mass casualty event.
Courses are not cumulative and may be taken individually. Each course counts toward continuing education with credits.
When: 10:00 am, the third Thursday of every month
Dates: March 16 – November 16, 2023
Venue: Virtual Microsoft Teams live
Registration: Register online here
- Session 1: Mar 16 – Introduction to Recovering from a Mass Casualty Incident
- Session 2: Apr 20 – It’s a Crime Scene – Addressing Immediate Needs
- Session 3: May 18 – Setting Up Crisis Communications for Media Response
- Session 4: June 15 – When the Crime Tape Comes Down: Providing Immediate Crisis Support
- Session 5: July 20 – Reopening and Resuming Operations
- Session 6: Aug 17 – The Immediate Aftermath: What Short Term Recovery Looks Like
- Session 7: Sept 21 – Negotiating Mid to Long Term Recovery (NY)
- Session 8: Oct 19 – Post Incident Scams and Fraud
- Session 9: Nov 16 – Civil and Criminal Judicial Processes